Speeding Up Combat

At long last the Valorian Empire's incessant expansion encroaches upon Vitanian soil. While an allied army is on the way to break the siege of Lituvia, the people of Gorana eagerly await news of the upcoming battle.

Moderator: Mezir

Ploempje
Priest
Priest

Re: Speeding Up Combat

Postby Ploempje » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:22 pm

k wil nog ff mijn oordeel uitstellen tot na volgend gevecht... want dan ga ik de dmg pas echt voelen

Falc
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate

Postby Falc » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:03 pm

Een aantal gedachten na de sessie van gisteren...

De solos zoals ze in de boeken staan en voorgesteld worden staan mij al een tijdje tegen. Increased defense and tons of HP mean you end up in a long fight, where your dailies probably miss and once you're out of encounter powers, you have to whittle it down with your wee at-willies.

Furthermore, as was plainly obvious, we have the powers to just keep a monster in its place. Leading to a guaranteed flank and thus combat advantage and sneak attack damage, to mobs stuck in a Wall of Fire or next to a Ball Lightning, etc.

So, you know what? Just stop with that ridiculous idea that a solo is equivalent to 5 monsters. It just isn't. That dragon was a level 24 solo, but if we had faced 5 level 24 monsters, we would have been in much more trouble and there would have been much more happening on the battlefield. Really, a Solo should IMO never ever be alone, despite the name.

So Kenneth, please, don't just put us against Orcus and nothing but Orcus for the final battle, please? Knock him down a few levels, call him Ralax and give him help. Otherwise I fear it might just turn out to be another disappointment.
I can’t protect you without holding a sword.
I can’t embrace you while holding a sword.
-- Kubo Tite, Bleach volume 5

Choukrout
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate

Postby Choukrout » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:47 pm

metagaming much ?

Falc
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate

Postby Falc » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:28 pm

Hoe bedoel je?
I can’t protect you without holding a sword.

I can’t embrace you while holding a sword.

-- Kubo Tite, Bleach volume 5

Return to “Mezir's 4E Campaign”