The Corruptor

The time of hiding has passed. Now, the Name-givers have returned, and reclaimed their place in the world. The fight is not over. The Horrors still linger in this world -- in the cities and ruins lost during the Scourge. A corrupt Empire seeks to reclaim its provinces, and Name-givers with dark ambitions seek to set themselves up as the new power in the absence of the Empire. In this Age of Legend, only heroes can stand against the soul-rending power of the Horrors, and the dark machinations of those corrupt with power. Become these brave souls, and roleplay in Earthdawn, the Age of Legend.

Moderators: Choukrout, David

David
Pawn of Evil
Pawn of Evil

The Corruptor

Postby David » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:43 am

The Cast

Captain Darius Belhazar - Commander of the Flying Caravel TNS Pandora, commonly referred to as Darius' Flying Bordello. A Dwarf of Indrisian descent, tough but fair with his crew, and one of Throal's finest navigators.

Mister Gutenberg - First mate aboard the Pandora. A quiet and highly reliable Dwarf in any combat situation.

Cornelius Foliange - Accountant for the Flying Bordello, third generation Indrisian immigrant of Bartertown. A young man full of ambition with a penchant for the Dark Arts and a passion for the two-buttoned trumpetto.

Count Antonio Li'darwin - Theran gentleman and passenger of the Flying Bordello. A brilliant violin player and an eccentric fashionista.

The Story So Far

A couple ounces of Moonweed too many

Our story begins in the Bartertown skydocks, where a government investigation aided by Darius and Cornelius has exposed Cornelius' uncle, Lalit Foliange, as a smuggler and dealer of illegal substances. Cornelius' family's enterprise nearly collapses as a result. A deal is struck where the entirety of the company is bought off Cornelius' father by Throal for a more than reasonable price, allowing him to retire.
It is revealed to Darius and Cornelius that they were working with Throal's secret service and, given their loyalty and the fact that they are what is generally referred to as adepts, they are requested by the government to join the secret service and pose as merchants. The caravel Pandora is officially renamed to the TNS Pandora, and they are awaiting orders for their first mission.

An uprising in Parlainth

Word of a revolt led by a woman named Elanor D has reached Throal. The TNS Pandora is sent to Parlainth to determine the nature of this issue.
During their stay in Ruindock the crew of the Pandora devices a way to become self-sufficient, namely by gathering women of lesser virtue on their ship and transforming it into an itinerant brothel.
Through investigation, they discover that Elanor D is in fact a horror-turned namegiver with an ability to shape reality into tales. They undo her first ploy to bring the "Contessa", a so-called heir to Parlainth, to power. However, Elanor is not yet undone.
The crew discovers that a mercenary army led by an Elf named Turalion is advancing upon Throal, and that Turalion himself is a puppet of Elanor D. They spring in motion and uncover the original headquarters of Turalion where they find the Book of Tales used by Elanor. This book holds one particular tale that describes twin emperors fighting over a woman and ultimately destroying their empire because of her. They also discover that Turalion suffers from severe psychoses and takes on different personas, the one of Turalion, and the one of Ilarion, his "brother". The pieces fall into place and the crew discovers that to stop Elanor from gaining in power they must stop the tale she has set in motion.
Ultimately they fail due to the violent intervention of the Throalic Army but Elanor is slain nonetheless with the help of one of Vazdenjazs childeren. They discover three books that greatly disturb the higher-ups and are asked to return to Bartertown. Ruindock and Parlainth become occupied by Throalic troops, and the former community leaders are executed.

Into the snakepit

Upon examination of the books found on Elanor's person the crew is repeatedly confronted with the name James, her former lover. Back in Bartertown the situation develops again, as they meet with an agent of Throal that had infiltrated the crew of the Black Crow, the Commodore of a fleet of Trollish skyraiders. The agent has gone mad by the time they speak with him and in a final lucid moment he reveals to them that the Black Crow is an adept of Mort-Crane, the corruptor.
Still deeply troubled by this event they are sent to Kratas to investigate James, as the book they found mentions the city.
On their way to Kratas they meet a small Theran fleet, and their cover as a Theran-flavoured Brothel is found to be a brilliant one once more. They find out the Theran houses have sent a fleet to reckon and possibly strike against the forces of Throal stationed in Parlainth. Even with Elanor dead, her tale is unfurling ever further, and a massive showdown between Thera and Throal seems unavoidable.
A new agent, Antonio, joins the mission. He had been stationed in Kratas for the past four years and is the group's expert on the city.
After a disturbingly regulated arrival for a city nicknamed "City of Thieves", the Flying Bordello opens its doors again, just as Kratas' Celebration of the Mask is starting. Thanks to their highclass contacts they manage to subtly infiltrate Kratas' high society, and even though plagued by incessant strange events, they persist and make good profit from their brothel.
They discover James is in fact one of the Council of Nine, and they manage to uncover a number of the prominent families that govern Kratas through the council. The investigation seems stuck at this point, for moving too boldly might expose them as secret agents, and hiding doesn't advance their knowledge. A bold element appears in one of their passengers, who calls himself "The Master". He appears to be connected to the adepts of Morte-Crane and divulges to them the identity of one of James' bodyguards. The crew ends up finding out James' identity, and after reporting this to the authorities in Bartertown are told to stop the investigation and move to Vivane, a Theran bastion in Barsaive.

Make that the lion's maw...

And here we are, in Vivane under martial law, looking for clues as to where the Black Crow might be and what his ties are to the Theran House Borogovia.

you laugh at me cuz i'm different, i laugh at you cuz your all the same
- che guevara

David
Pawn of Evil
Pawn of Evil

Re: The Corruptor

Postby David » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:44 am

TNS: Throal Navy Ship
- che guevara

David
Pawn of Evil
Pawn of Evil

Postby David » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:46 am

Adept: A namegiver that can learn skills through meditation. About one in ten thousand namegivers is an adept.
- che guevara

David
Pawn of Evil
Pawn of Evil

Postby David » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:02 am

Vazdenjazs: One of the Great Dragons. Vazdenjazs has greatly helped the kingdom of Throal with his expertise in the writing of the Guide of Barsaive.
- che guevara

David
Pawn of Evil
Pawn of Evil

Postby David » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:10 am

Parlainth: The ancient capital of the Theran Empire, thought to be lost during the Scourge, but appeared again 30 years ago.
- che guevara

David
Pawn of Evil
Pawn of Evil

Postby David » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:11 am

Ruindock: A small (pop: 3000) explorer's and adventurer's settlement bordering Parlainth.
- che guevara

David
Pawn of Evil
Pawn of Evil

Postby David » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:12 am

Bartertown: The largest of the seven underground cities of Throal.
- che guevara

Choukrout
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate

Postby Choukrout » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:43 pm

For those who wonder who the hell this James person is:
After slaying Elanor D we found a couple of books, one of these books was nothing less than her journal, wich mentions her meeting with a certain James. While never being explicit it is strongly hinted that James was the person responsible for turning Elanor D into a Horror. This could mean he is either a high ranking adept of Mort-Crane or ...Mort-Crane himself ...

SamuelMoose

Postby SamuelMoose » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:28 pm

I like the story and what I've read so far. Any updates on this?

I don't know if the Bathmate will work but http://peblueprint.com/bathmate-hydromax-review says that it may if you have a lot to gain.
Last edited by SamuelMoose on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cupcakey - Fleur
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate

Postby Cupcakey - Fleur » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:25 pm

I don't get it? O_o
Cupcakey - A good feeling you get inside, unbelievable happiness.
I don't know why, but I tend to spread that feeling...

Choukrout
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate

Postby Choukrout » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:31 am

yep this thread is pretty much outdated, the campaing lasted 3 years before ending in an epic apotheosis :-) ... On the bright side pluvid has been talking a while about writing it out :-)

Hyde
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Hyde » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:01 am

forum archiveren? of toch nog maar even laten voor als david tijd & energie vindt?
Alea Vincere Tenebras!

David
Pawn of Evil
Pawn of Evil

Postby David » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:15 pm

niet archiveren! we hebben een nieuwe sessie :)
- che guevara

Numlock
Lesser God
Lesser God

Postby Numlock » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:14 pm

de webmeester houdt zichzelf net in bedwang!
ಠ_ಠ

Choukrout
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate

Postby Choukrout » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:57 pm

uw zelfcontrole siert u

Return to “Earthdawn”